Monday, November 26, 2007

Drinking From My Saucer

Yesterday our pastor shared an old country song that contains the words, "I'm drinking from my saucer,'Cause my cup has overflowed" (the site i've linked to is SO cheezy but it's the right song). And that is exactly where my heart was at by the time he shared this little song.

It was the Sunday after Thanksgiving and it was definitely appropriate to share the things we are grateful for at church. What I heard from those who felt called to share, was that they were grateful for the gifts God had given them through our congregation. Gifts of time, interest, investment, and prayers. Simple but powerful things.

Our congregation is still in a bit of a weird place but everyone seems hopeful that we can heal and move forward on the path God has for us. And in general, it seems that we are committed to one another - I might even go so far to say that we have an unspoken commitment to learning what it means to truly and rightly love one another. That's certainly where my heart is, and I don't think I'm alone.

I'm thankful to be back with this group of people struggling to figure out how to be obedient to our great God.

2 comments:

Auz said...

Drinking from the saucer - I love that - I think I'm going to steal it :)

MamaToo said...

God has brought you back to that community in divine timing, sister! What a beautiful story of transformation: grateful hearts instead of bitter words, optimism in face of dark times. Bless you & prayers for your church to continue the work ahead.