Saturday, February 16, 2008

Our First Overnighter Without the Baby

Last night we left our one and a half year old with the grandparents so we could go to Seattle for an overnight trip. It was the first time he was without either of us overnight.

The trip was my husband's idea. Have I ever mentioned how smart my husband is? If not, let me mention right now...he's wicked smart!

This was our way of celebrating Valentines Day and it was really wonderful! We piggybacked a business opportunity Patrick had in Seattle and decided to stay in our favorite hotel. My husband made reservations at the fabulous restaurant in the hotel but we stayed in, ordered room service and watched a movie. If you know us, this is our idea of a GREAT time.

This morning we slept until we wanted to wake up (this is probably the second coolest things about a trip without the baby) walked to The Market and ate at our favorite French bakery then we walked up to Westlake Center and did a little shopping and alot of looking.

I've always affirmed the need for parents to have date nights and things of that sort. I am now a firm believer of the importance of parents having overnight trips to reconnect with their spouse and have some child free fun. So, if you are a parent and you haven't done this for a while, make some effort to make it happen. You'll thank me for it!

3 comments:

Nathan said...

We have a 3 month old son...we haven't done any overnight babysitting for him yet.

Anyways...our honeymoon was up to Seattle and then we stayed a week on Vancouver Island in a cabin. I think we were near a city called Kooke or something.

Cheers.

(nathangann.com)

Audrey said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend with your hubby!

Llama Momma said...

Yes, yes, yes!!

Isn't it wonderful?