Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Ban Has Been Lifted

I want to shout it from the blog-o-spheric rooftops:

WE'RE MOVING!!!

For several reasons it has not been appropriate for me to broach this subject in the blog-o-sphere until now. But it's been 9 months in the making.

My house is on the market. Half of our stuff has been packed and now one of my main objectives is to keep our house clean enough to show potential buyers.

My husband's last day at work is September 14th and promptly after that we will be headed south to stay with my parents until my husband finds work and we find a house. We are thinking this might take a couple of months. I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

For now I bounce between elation at the thought of being back in our hometown and frantic moments of cleaning where I curse the decision that causes so much work.

Throughout this process we have asked God to help us do what he needs us to do. Several have joined us in this prayer and we are so grateful for an extended community that loves us in this way.

Here's the kicker - we still don't really know where we'll end up. There is a job opportunity even farther south that my husband is very excited about. We know we'll be with my parents for at least a little while, but it's possible that we'll moving away from home again. Here's where I have to add: Do any of us know when God will pick us up and move us to another place?

This journey has taught me allot about loving those God puts in front of you. I'm not saying that I've been great at it, but I definitely have a new perspective on building relationships that are not determined by how long that person will live in close proximity to you.

God is good, all the time.
All the time, God is good.

5 comments:

Auz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Auz said...

Okay so just wrote a comment and deleted it because of a type-o. I just wanted to say how excited we are to have you guys close by, for however long God has planned.

The Queen of Sci Fi said...

Thanks, Dude! That means alot to me!

MamaToo said...

yes - who knows how long God plants us here, and when He will prune us into a new direction? I think of the relationships that have grown since I moved, and agree whole-heartedly with your last line! Very good reminder, and so happy to have you close for any amount of time.

The Queen of Sci Fi said...

Thanks MT!