Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Another Homegoing

Another member of our fellowship passed a few weeks ago and his homegoing was celebrated last Wednesday. Unfortunately, I was very ill and could not make the service. This man has another story of a hard, hard life. His body was beat up from war and drug abuse. And his passing was sudden and unexpected.

Yesterday, I heard some stories from the memorial service that remind me of why I love Jesus and the community He has placed me in.

I heard stories of men of God (my brothers) speaking to the adult children of the man who had passed in ways they had never heard their father spoken about before. They heard heartfelt stories of the servant who entered our fellowship only desiring to serve God and serving so many of us in the process.

The night of the service, in a hotel hot tub, two of this man's children were baptized - joining the family of faith that their father desperately hoped they would become a part of. The other two rededicated their live to Jesus.

Praise be to Him, from whom all good things come.

2 comments:

Smile said...

Are you feeling any better these days? How's Mr. Mower? Jae and I might take the girls down to OR sometime this summer...nothing's official, but we really want to take a road trip!

The Queen of Sci Fi said...

Yes, I'm feeling much better. I'm still tired but I think I'm resigned to the idea of being tired for the next couple of years. :)