Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Favorite "More"

My son loves the word "more".

In his lexicon it is an overarticulated "moowr". The 'm' is long and so is the 'ow'. It sounds alot like "mower" with very little emphasis on the "-er". He works so hard each and every time to get this incredibly important word out of his mouth.

"More" means lots of things. Sometimes it mean "More yogurt, please." Sometime it means, "Bounce that ball again, Mommy." Sometimes it means, "Can I watch another video?"

But my favorite use of this important word comes out when his daddy gets home. After my husband changes his clothes and settles on the couch my son stands next to the couch and says, "MOOWR".

Usually, my son gets the response, "More what, son?"

And then my son extends his hand to his father and says again, "MOOWR."

"You want me to chase you?" my husband finally responds.

"Uh", my son grunts in affirmation. And the chase is on.

No comments: