Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"America's Most Powerful Religious Leader"...REALLY?

Has anyone see the cover of the new Newsweek?

I'm a bit torn about what to think about Rev. Warren these days. I'm not doubting the motives of his heart.

But does he really represent the American Evangelical movement as a whole?

And if that answer to the above question is YES, is that a good thing?

I'm also diappointed in our culture that can only acknowledge a movement based on the places (churches) that draw the most people. Aren't there alot of great things happening in small congregations around the country, as well?

Just a bunch of questions today.

1 comment:

Smile said...

My parents have always had that problem. My dad gets support from people who love his Gospel-centered ministry (or at least know that there's something solid & different about it compared to other Korean churches), but they can't convince themselves to be a part of my parents' church. It's usually more appealing for Koreans to be a part of a huge group.