Wednesday, November 5, 2008

No. Not 'Mom'. 'Dad'.

Lately, my son has been calling my husband, "Mom".

My son joyful greats my husband as he walks into the room with, "Hi, Mom!".

And my husband says, "No. Not 'Mom'. 'Dad'." My husband says these words firmly but not in an upset or stern manner.

I'm afraid it makes me smile every time I see this interaction.

What's funny is that my son was doing great with his "Hi, Dad!" and "Hi, Mom!" just a few weeks ago.

I guess that last business trip was just a little too long. :)

UPDATE: It seems that most adults are Mom right now. He has also used "Hi, Mom!" with my sister and one of my good friends as the happiest greeting he knows how to give. I think this makes my husband feel a little better.

1 comment:

Smile said...

HILARIOUS. Such an ego booster for Patrick ;)