Thursday, November 30, 2006

Life Goals

I just need to process here for a while

I've always known that I wanted to be a wife and a mom. I've also wanted to be a an engineer, an artist, a minister, a teacher, a cafe owner, and most currently a published kids book author. It's a question of occupation, something one does to make money and hopefully find a small amount of fullfillment. Ideally it's a calling. Something you can see through to completion. I stuggle with a calling (that I define as something God has created for me to do) and making money. These two things do not need to be mutually exclusive, but in God's economy money is only a means to a much greater end and God certainly has the ability to do things without money that we would normally think can only be done with money. Obviously doing what God needs you to do is more important than making money.

I need to focus on using my talents and desires for the things God needs me to do. This requires spending time finding out what God needs me to do. Which requires TIME with Him. This is not rocket science. Unfortunately, I get so caught up creating my own possible destinies that nothing really ever gets accompished. Dreaming is great and I think God has no problem with dreaming as long as we bring those dreams back to his feet for consideration. Like Nehemiah's dream to rebuild the wall around Jerusalem - he waited several months in prayer until he even attempted to get permission from the king to go to Jerusalem.

No comments: