Monday, November 27, 2006

Snow, Snow, Snow

It's probably coincidental but we watched "White Christmas" on TV yesterday and low and behold - it started snowing - AND it stuck. I'm a Northwestern girl and it's not often that I've seen snow stick the first time it falls in the Northwest. It snowed for HOURS. It's pretty magical...isn't it? That first snow. Especially, when it's starting to get dark and everything has a blue tint to it.

I wish my son were old enough to get excited about the fact that it was snowing last night. I would have loved to get excited with him and go out side and dance around in the snow for a while. It's kinda sad that I need him to have permission to really enjoy something so beautiful. I have a friend who decided last year that she was going to start skipping more because it made her feel like a kid. Maybe I'll start taking advantace of the opportunities to dance around, as a way to rejoice in the beauty around me, like a kid would.

No comments: