Monday, March 12, 2007

Monday Blues

Well, the boy is still sick. It's March and I missed the only sunny day in weeks last week taking care of my sick son. Today the cloud cover is heavy and oppressive to me. I never remember this feeling in connection with the weather before I lived in Seattle. I grew up in Portland - no big difference, right? WRONG!

I'm sure it's more to do with my mental state that the weather. Last year at this time I was pregnant and this year I have a very young baby. I need to be outside and I'm feeling impeded by my young child. BLAH!

I'm starting to feel like I'm just surviving these days instead of living them. I still have hope - but the clouds make it harder and harder to see.

3 comments:

CHURCH OF THE REDEEMER said...

My dear, I know of what you speak. But for me it was never clouds and gray but the oppressive L.A. heat and smog and a stuffy apartment that would get to me. Anyway, I just wanted to encourage you and say the thing that everyone always says but is oh so true: these totally intense, super high-maintenance days are so short, and pass by so quickly in the life of your little ones. I'm not sure that really helps when you are in the midst of it, but I have learned that it really is true. Before you know it, they are running and talking and you kind of miss all that neediness and dependence!!! Well, maybe you do :) Anyway, love to the three of you!

CHURCH OF THE REDEEMER said...

okay, i don't know why my comments keep showing up as Church of the Redeemer. I did open another blogger account because i thought i had the time and energy to start a webpage for our church (didn't happen), so for some reason it is logging me in that way. oh well!

Erika Haub
erika.haub.net

The Queen of Sci Fi said...

Thank for the encouragement, Erika. I felt close to losing my mind on Monday. Tuesday brought hope I haven't known in a while - thanks mostly to my husband's ability to listen to his often silly wife. The baby continues to get better - of course his teeth are also comming in so...you know how that goes! Thanks again for the words of encouragement.