Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Ever Heard of Tribology?

Tribology is the study of lubricants. And it is my middle sister's specialty. She's a mechanical engineer and her husband is a physicist. I was going to link you to their masters and Phd thesis but then I'd have to tell you their names and then I'd have to kill you because they work for the government at Sandia Labs in New Mexico. (I'm just kidding about the killing part.)

Ever looked around the table during a holiday meal and thought about what you are all doing with your lives. What kinds of education your siblings have and what kinds of occupations. It can be surreal to think that the little sister that I used to draw on as a young child is helping first generation college attendees learn how to cope with college life. And as talented as my sisters are my brothers-in-law are equally amazing in how they have chosen to contribute to society and earn a living.

As the oldest I often have to work hard to look at my siblings and their husbands as adults. And the truth is they are all quite amazing people. They are interesting, caring, and very smart.

What a blessing!

1 comment:

Auz said...

Cita,

Thanks for that blog. You all amaze me too. I'm esspecially in awe of what fabulous mothers you and Rose are. That is an occupation that doesn't get enough credit, but takes an incredible amout of time, energy and talents!
Love you- Auz