Saturday, May 19, 2007

Ahhhh...Humility

Seems we spend our early twenties gaining and exercising confidence and then we spend the rest of our adulthood learning how to temper that confidence with humility.

As painful as the thought is to me, the last couple of years have been about growing some humility. It's painful because in recognizing what God is doing I am required to join Him in this work! And, man, humility...I mean really...how much more painful does it get? At least that's what's going through my head.

Death to self. Submission. Not my will but His will. Not just admitting but believing that I don't have the answer. Trying to change things I worked so hard to create - whether consciously or unconsciously.

But I'm realizing that if I'm going to do great things for Jesus this is a lesson I should (at the very least) get used to.

1 comment:

MamaToo said...

Be encouraged and keep on, sister! This is the hardest lesson, and yet the most rewarding, isn't it? In our weakness, He is strong.